We're a dedicated group of educators, technologists, and facilitators wanting to make a difference in our own backyard. It's that simple. We're not here for awards or recognition - we want to change the life of teens in less advantaged neighborhoods.
We asked ourselves this question... "Why are we off-shoring coding and programming jobs to other countries when there are people right in our backyard willing to do the work for the same costs?"
See our results below...
• Launched Summer of Code Pilot with Boys & Girls Club of Tustin
• Chic-Fil-A became a sponsor
• 15 students graduate our coding program
• Offered a year-long program with Access through OC Board of Education
• Tony Wong Foundation gave top student a MacBook Air
• Graduate 20 students recognition of their coding hours
• Identified 2 graduates who wish to pursue web development and computer programming
• Selected top 10 among Forge54 finalists in favorited non-profits in OC.
We want to duplicate our success in other Boys & Girls Clubs throughout Southern California and our end goal is to be in all Boys & Girls Clubs nationwide.
Here's what we need to make it happen:
It costs around $5600 per Quarter to facilitate this program for 20 students per location.
We have been hitting 80% of our funding goal every quarter and with more local awareness we can soon exceed our funding goal for further expansion.
Our next class starts July 5th, 2016.